Join a private practice with 40 years of serving the families of Southern New Hampshire. Bedford Commons OBGYN is looking for a full-time Medical Assistant to be a part of our growing family.
Feel the difference of working in a private practice where your input and opinions are valued and welcomed and discover why staff and physicians are still here year after year.
The medical assistant will perform a variety of medical procedures and tests to assist in the examination and treatment of patients. The MA will also perform a variety of clerical duties, as assigned.
The candidate should possess excellent communication skills, be detail-oriented, organized, and comfortable with electronic medical records. OB-GYN office experience is preferred.
Job functions include but are not limited to:
1. First Impression Pro: Interview patient to obtain the reason for visit and takes vital signs such as temperature, blood pressure, weight, etc. Document patient's reason for visit along with vital signs in patient's chart. Provide or drape patient with appropriate covering depending upon examination.
2. Attention to detail: Prepare the examination room by changing table paper, performing necessary cleaning, and laying out instruments and supplies. Assist provider with patient examinations by helping to move or position patient for procedure, handing instruments to physician, etc.
3. Interest in performing procedures: May perform any of the following medical procedures: giving injections other related activities, routine laboratory tests and procedures such as centrifuging blood, setting up slides for microscopic examination, and performing tests.
5. Empower patients: Provide instructions to patients as per provider order/protocol or reinforce provider instructions.
6. Clean freak: Clean and sterilize instruments according to established procedures.
7. Go-getter: Perform routine stock work such as shelving supplies, monitoring supply levels and checking for outdated supplies. Initiate paperwork to reorder supplies, as necessary.
8. Rule follower: Adhere to established policies and procedures to meet safety standards of OSHA. Actively participate in all safety training including but not limited to cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and annual safety training.
9. MVP Nominee: Embrace culture of teamwork at Bedford Commons OB-GYN to improve patient care.
10. Ready to roll: Prepare for patient visits by reviewing the chart at least 24-48 hours prior to visit and requesting any chart documents required for office visit.
Surgical masks are provided to all employees and are required in all our offices. Our practice also implements additional cleaning responsibilities and daily employee screenings.
Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent. Completion of an approved Medical Assistant program, or two to three years on the job training in a doctor's office or related area performing Medical Assistant duties. Medical Assistant certification preferred.
Work Week: Monday – Friday, office hours are 7 am-4 pm. Begin and end times may flex based on schedule and location.
Job Location: Offices in Bedford, Windham, and Derry, NH – person hired for the position will rotate to all offices.
Pay: starting at $18.00 per hour, will vary based skills and/or qualifications